Mega DXpeditons Honor Roll
Introduction | Honor Roll | by Year | by Prefix | DXCC Entities | QSO Totals per Entity | Continents | Single OP | World Records
Top 20 Bands | Top 20 Modes | QSOs per Day | Most QSOs Single Day | Operators | Operators vs. countries | QSL Gallery | Needed
Jari Jussila, OH2BU, had kept and maintained records of DXpeditions making at least 30,000 QSOs and published his list, then containing some 40 DXpeditions, in the late 1990s. Requests to provide additional or corrected information helped to refine the list, which evolved into the Mega DXpeditions Honor Roll. The Mega DXpeditions Honor Roll was put into a database, further maintained by Bernd, DF3CB, in the past years and is now hosted on the website of the German DX Foundation (GDXF).
The regularly updated Mega DXpeditions Honor Roll on these pages now contain much more information than just the call sign and total number of QSOs. We show statistics on various categories, top lists etc. - each providing a link to details of the DXpedition, the list of operators and the QSL card image.
If you have any comments or corrections and additions to the list, please e-mail Bernd at: . We need some particular information, please check our Needed page.
Charts and World Records
The complete list of DXpeditions is shown in the Honor Roll - sorted by the number of achieved QSOs - and by year of activity, by Prefix, by DXCC Entities or by Continent - and we have a list of Single-Operator DXpeditions with more than 30,000 QSOs. The World Records page shows the leading DXpeditions in the categories of the highest number of total QSOs, QSOs per mode and band and per continent.
The Top Twenty DXpeditions having achieved the highest number of QSOs on each of the bands 160m through 6m are shown on the Bands page and the highest number on each CW, Phone and Digital on the Modes page. The band and mode charts are based on the band/mode breakdowns of a DXpedition (as long as we have them available).
And we have a list of the most active Operators having taken part in DXpeditions with over 30,000 QSOs.
- Mega DXpedition QSO totals grouped by DXCC Entites
- QSOs per Day Records
- Most DXpedition QSOs in a single day
- Top DXCC Entities not activated the longest time
- There are currently 375 DXpeditions with more than 30,000 QSOs listed in the Honor Roll from 166 different DXCC Entities and 32 CQ Zones.
- The latest ten Mega DXpeditions added to the Honor Roll are: E51D 1A0C (2023) 9Q1AA, 9Q1ZZ 4W6RU VP6A T31TT VU7W E51CIK, E51WEG 4W1A T30UN.
- All these DXpeditions made a total of 21.8 million QSOs.
- 48.4 % of the QSOs were made in CW, 34.1 % in Phone and 17.4 % Digital (RTTY, FT8, PSK).
- Most of the Mega DXpeditions took place in Africa (135) and the Pacific (102).
- The average DXpedition length of operation is 13 days, the average number of operators is 10.
- Altogether 3900 but 1729 individual operators were participants in these DXpeditions.