Mega DXpeditons Honor Roll
Introduction | Honor Roll | by Year | by Prefix | DXCC Entities | QSO Totals per Entity | Continents | Single OP | World Records
Top 20 Bands | Top 20 Modes | QSOs per Day | Most QSOs Single Day | Operators | Operators vs. countries | QSL Gallery | Needed
Jari Jussila, OH2BU, had kept and maintained records of DXpeditions making at least 30,000 QSOs and published his list, then containing some 40 DXpeditions, in the late 1990s. Requests to provide additional or corrected information helped to refine the list, which evolved into the Mega DXpeditions Honor Roll. The Mega DXpeditions Honor Roll was put into a database, further maintained by Bernd, DF3CB, in the past years and is now hosted on the website of the German DX Foundation (GDXF).
The regularly updated Mega DXpeditions Honor Roll on these pages now contain much more information than just the call sign and total number of QSOs. We show statistics on various categories, top lists etc. - each providing a link to details of the DXpedition, the list of operators and the QSL card image.
If you have any comments or corrections and additions to the list, please e-mail Jari at: and Bernd at: . We need some particular information, please check our Needed page.
Charts and World Records
The complete list of DXpeditions is shown in the Honor Roll - sorted by the number of achieved QSOs - and by year of activity, by Prefix, by DXCC Entities or by Continent - and we have a list of Single-Operator DXpeditions with more than 30,000 QSOs. The World Records page shows the leading DXpeditions in the categories of the highest number of total QSOs, QSOs per mode and band and per continent.
The Top Twenty DXpeditions having achieved the highest number of QSOs on each of the bands 160m through 6m are shown on the Bands page and the highest number on each CW, Phone and Digital on the Modes page. The band and mode charts are based on the band/mode breakdowns of a DXpedition (as long as we have them available).
Finally, we have a list of the most active Operators having taken part in DXpeditions with over 30,000 QSOs.
- Mega DXpedition QSO totals grouped by DXCC Entites (Feb 2017)
- QSOs per Day Records: We are now collecting the times of the first QSO and the last QSO of Mega DXpeditions in order to provide more accurate results. Please check our Needed page. (May 2017)
- Most DXpedition QSOs in a single day (Sep 2018)
- Top DXCC Entities not activated the longest time (Sep 2018)
- There are currently 318 DXpeditions with more than 30,000 QSOs listed in the Honor Roll from 158 different DXCC Entities and 31 CQ Zones.
- The latest ten Mega DXpeditions added to the Honor Roll are: D68CCC VP6R 5K0K TO80SP A82X, A82Z ZK3A 1A0C (2019) 3D2CR E31A (2019) C5DL.
- All these DXpeditions made a total of 18.1 million QSOs.
- 52.6 % of the QSOs were made in CW, 38.4 % in Phone and 9.1 % Digital (RTTY, FT8, PSK).
- Most of the Mega DXpeditions took place in Africa (109) and the Pacific (86).
- The average DXpedition length of operation is 13 days, the average number of operators is 11.
- Altogether 3523 but 1638 individual operators were participants in these DXpeditions.